It’s been inspiring to see the open source and 3D printing community rally together locally and globally to deliver some solutions for COVID-19 when facing supply chain shortages and increasing demand. Here’s a summary of what I’ve seen:
• People all over are replicating this. Including in KW!
• If we want to replicate, we need 0.5mm sheets of PETG
• But also, acetate sheets (for old projectors) will work
• To sanitize after printing and assembling, one option is to use an ozone generator in closed container outdoors
• MUHC/MGH announced an open source ventilator design challenge
• ReesistenciaTeam has created a design that looks promising as well
• There’s also OpenLung